All time indicated are for Pacific Daylight Time.
*Note: My Sacred Retreat for women is on the weekend of Oct 28-30.
See info at the end of the blog.
Here are the Astrological basics:
Sun goes into Virgo at 4:21am on August 23rd.
- New Moon – Sunday, August 28th at 5 Virgo at 8:04pm
- Full Moon – Tuesday, August 24th at 20 Aquarius at 11:57am.
Mercury starts August at 01 degrees of Virgo
- Goes Stationary retrograde on August 2nd at 1 Virgo at 8:50pm
- Goes back into Leo on August 8th at 2:46am
- Mercury goes stationary direct at 19 Leo on August 26th at 3:03pm
- Ends the month at 20 degrees of Leo
- Mercury is the ruling planet for Virgo and Gemini. S/he (Mercury is androgynous) loves being in Virgo, preferably in the garden.
- Mercury in Leo retrograde. Along with Mars in Cancer will cause copious amounts of passive aggressive political grandstanding. If you have a half-finished romance novel, dust it off and finish it.
Venus starts August at 5 degrees of Leo
- Goes into Virgo on August 21th at 3:11pm
- Ends the month at 12 degrees of Virgo
- Venus in Leo is romance! Do something special for your lover.
Mars starts August at 29 degrees of Gemini.
- Goes into Cancer on August 3rdat 2:22am.
- Ends the month at 19 degrees of Cancer.
- In traditional astrology Mars is in its fall when in Cancer. He dislikes being in Cancer. A fiery planet in water. It also denotes a rise in patriotic fervor. Good for inventions using steam. Watch out for passive aggressive behavior; be clear in your objections and grievances.
Jupiter starts August at 09 of Taurus
- Goes Retrograde on August 30that 10 of Taurus
- Ends the month Retrograde at 10 degrees of Taurus
- Jupiter in Taurus is money, security, possessions. People will reevaluate their needs according to the economic trends. Our nation will be back at the drawing board on parts of the debt issue. Wall Street is inventing new ways to fleece the nation.
- Please read this article!!!!
Check this out! Call your congress person; let them know this way of business has to stop!
Saturn starts August at 012 Libra
- Ends the month at 015 degrees of Libra
- Saturn is exalted in Libra. Libra is not his sign, but to him, it is like visiting a four star hotel.
Uranus starts August at 04 degrees of Aries Retrograde
- Ends the month at 04 degrees of Aries Retrograde
Neptune starts August at 00 Pisces. Retrograde
- Goes back into Aquarius on the 4th at 8:11pm.
- End ends the month at 29 Aquarius. Retrograde
Pluto starts August at 05 Capricorn. Retrograde.
- Ends the month retrograde at 05 Capricorn. Retrograde
Moons Mean Node start August at 21 Sagittarius
- Ends at 19 Sagittarius.
- The Moons’ Nodes are always retrograde
Some of the highlights of August:
August starts off with a bang! On August 3-5th (to 4:57am on the 5th), the Cardinal Grand Cross is reactivated by Moon in Libra, Mars in Cancer, Uranus in Aries and Pluto in Capricorn. The polarity of the relationship, self and others-Aries/Libra and the polarity of home and country-Cancer/Capricorn are in play.
What is a Grand Cross? It is when two planets are opposite of each other while being squared by two other planets that are also in opposition.
As I have discussed in earlier blogs, the Cardinal mode is ACTION, and action is what we have. Last August the Cardinal Cross was activated and what happened? The dark side of the cross manifested as the mud slides in China, the 25,000 fires burning in Russia, the floods in Pakistan and Africa….18 million people displaced….and the start of the second financial dip.
The Cardinal Cross is active until 2015. Yips! The old system is being dismantled so the new way of living can be born. Birth is painful. But when it is over and done with there will hopefully be a mother and child asleep in each other’s arms. We as a species must honor the Earth and her other inhabitants.
August 9-11: The energy for conflict is high both personally and for the world. Take that energy and make it work for you. Remember steam can either burn you or drive an engine.
August 12-22: Love is in the air! The Sun and Venus are in conjunction. Summer parties will be wonderful! Not a great time for contracts.
Neptune is retrograde in Aquarius until November 09, 2011.
Neptune spends on average 14 years in a sign. From now until November, do the finishing touches on your social networks. Finish up group dogma. When Neptune goes into direct in November, Spirit will start to move big time. Spirituality will come back into vogue as well as ways to alter reality. Goes into Pisces February 4 2012.
All of August Uranus at 4 Aries retrograde squares Pluto at 5 Capricorn retrograde.
Fractures in the energetic web continue to widen and this gives other dimensions easier access to ours; for good or bad.
Lightworkers are very aware of the shift. Many of us are seeing more light/dark energy masses with our physical eyes.
A word of caution, not all the beings that say they are of the light are of the light. Think you can tell the difference? Are you obsessing? Are you angry? Can not communicate well? Exhausted more so than usual? Feel that buzzing in your cells? Guess what, you have a new friend! These entities are like cockroaches; they become immune to our various protection techniques and find new way in to our fields.
Intention is not enough; use your tools; crystals, sygils, talisman, flower essences, salt and baking soda baths, get a treatment by a practitioner of another way, meditate and go to the line between the ying and the yang, sit in the heart of the Divine for at least half an hour a day. Most of all, talk to other Lightworkers and find out how the dark side and these entities are messing with them. P.S. They are trying to kill us and destroy our community. We of the light, all practitioners of the Divine Love, the holders of compassion and the true essence of all the major religions are the targets. Love is the answer!
But I myself, being an Aries rising, am polishing up my light saber!
The Sabian Symbol for 5 Aries is a triangle with wings. Keynote; The capacity for self-transcending.
For 6 Capricorn: Ten logs lie under an archway leading to darker woods. Keynote; The need to complete any undertaking before seeking entrance to whatever is to be found beyond. (Note: you always read the next degree if it is not exact.)
In the regular world electronic warfare goes to new heights.
This month is not an easy one, more Earth shifts will happen as well as aggression. Think Globally, Act Locally! Get involved in your local city politics. The change starts with you.
RETREAT: My next Women’s retreat will be the weekend of October 28-30, in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
This intimate retreat, limited to 12 women, is a time to connect with the Divine Feminine and to have fun!
The retreat is located at Salamander Camp which is less than 10 minutes outside of Los Gatos in the Santa Cruz Mountains; but you would never know you were near a city.
The cost is $275 for three days and two nights, if paid in full prior to September 15th. The cost is $300.00 if paid in full from September 16th to October 15th and $325 from October 16th to the start of the retreat.
The price includes all your meals and lodging. The meals are delicious and organic. Please tell me if you have any dietary restrictions. The Divine Dancing Diva Miss Dasha is our chef.
firstname.lastname@example.org (650) 572-8850
Peace and Love,Elizabeth! Until we meet…blessings to you!
Elizabeth A. Barton
CMT, Energy worker
Vice President of the
San FranciscoAstrological Society
2555 Flores Street, suite #300
San Mateo, Ca 94403
For an astrological consultation call or E-mail me!
Gift Certificates available
To learn more about Traditional Western Astrology go to Deb Houldings superb website
To look for charts go to
A great astrology AP for your I-phone is by KT the Astrologer; formally Kelli Fox, the creator of Astrology.com. The free edition